Skip to main content

 What do you hold most sacred in this life?

Could it be family?

Could it be work?

Could it be time?

Could it be money?

Could it be travel?

Could it be love?

What you hold sacred could be anything...literally, like authenticity, kindness, intelligence, integrity, the earth, and environment, your bond with your partner, your relationship with your mama, being of service to others, contributing to  humanity, or the light you see in a kid’s eye. It could even be somewhere you go that is super special to you. I think these things could change as life evolves, but I think holing something sacred is a component of happiness. 

I hold the LOLOS sacred (Loved Ones Living on in Spirit) for more on the LOLOS read my Love Notes From the Afterlife newsletter each Friday. 

Sign up here: https://revmarjorierivera.com/    ( scroll down to the subscribe button)

Archives of the Love Notes here:https://revmarjorierivera.com/love-notes


For more about what LOLOS means to me: 

You may be wondering what all this “LOLOS” stuff is. I get it, so I thought I would take a moment to explain it to you in plain un woo-woo terms. 


LOLOS are our Loved Ones Living On in Spirit. I came from a corporate background, I worked at AT&T for almost 20 years, and there, we loved an acronym. 

Every culture, and substantiated sub-culture has it's own nomenclature. Since my time doing readings has surpassed my history with corporate America, I thought I should start explaining the verbiage that seems to have developed during my time in this culture. 


Let me start by saying that there really is no such thing as dead people. Yes, yes, I get it, we die a physical death. Our flesh and bones will die, but our soul will never die. It will change, it will transform, it will grow and ascend, but it will never die. Ever.

 

There are lots of arguments that can be made about the process of death from a purely physical perspective. While I am sure most of it is supremely convincing and how morbid and limited an understanding would we all have if we were never to look beyond just that explanation of life. Just as words have a literal and poetic expression, so do we have a physical and poetic expression.  

In my early days of doing readings, I hosted many many questions about the physical existence and the many quandaries associated to earthly life. ''Does my boyfriend still love me? WIll my job change? WIll my house sell?'' Each session allowed me a glimpse into the soul of the sitter. I was honored to have such an intimate and infinite understanding sent to me like a download for quick comprehension by the "other side". I was thrilled to be able to be of assistance in some way to each seeker. Lots of times, the answer wasn't going to be what the sitter wanted to hear, but rather what she needed to hear. I noticed that even if things weren't going to work out the way someone wanted, I would be posed with some sort of helpful information to guide this person through the grief and suffering of loss, or perceived loss. I felt so amazingly comforted knowing that  not only will things work out, but that in many cases I was instructed to know more about the loved ones that were watching over us in the Heavenly realms, rooting us on, inspiring us and standing by our sides. 


Personally, I have had many times where, I just wish someone would have been able to tell me

“ I will never stop loving you and I will never become exhausted by you.” 


Over the years the messages that the LOLOS have passed on to me, through me and FOR you have changed lives and hopefully even saved one or two....They have been the thing we needed to hear. Our LOLOS know what we need to hear, they know what our sufferings have been, they know when we have celebrated, they are still connected to us, and more importantly, they convey this connection because they are still ALIVE. Not in the same way you always knew them. In a new way, just like a caterpillar that has changed into a butterfly. The same make up, the same soul inside, just a different expression. 


There’s an old Buddhist koan, that says “ What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” Our loved ones are like butterflies, on to the next leg of the journey. 

They live on in Spirit. There is no need to subscribe to a particular religion, or belief system to know that if your loved one still exists somewhere, they will want to find a way to let you know how they are. They will want to let you know what they are up to, and pass along a sweet nothing or two ! 

Most people don’t make it their business to pay attention to the subtle energies of the Spiritual realms, but I do. I make it my business, my job and now my calling.

The message from the LOLOs this week is this: 

No matter what you do, no matter what you say, we will never leave you, we will never stop loving you and we will never become exhausted by you. Each time in your life when you think we have gone away, we will surprise you by showing up yet again, refreshed and ready to help you. When you reach the point where you are weary and ready to give up, we will extend our hand to you. We love you and we are with you. We will love you until the day you return to us, and then we will love you even more. Eternally yours, LOLOS. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doing your part...

  Luca This week, I got to spend some time with my 3 year old great-nephew Luca. We were playing outside where he has a play station that reminds me of a pirate ship, in the yard were some magnetic fishing poles...we used those poles to chase my sister's dog around. That dog is a Cane Corso, he's a 190 lb love muffin named Mac. We pretended that the dog was a huge fish, we laughed and got dirty and I got stuck trying to cram my fat ass in his pirate house and even knocked the doors off when I tried to climb out and FELL over. We laughed like 3 year olds do when they play. We eventually ended up in the front yard when Luca casually turned on the hose and well, my mom and I gave him a wet sweatshirt contest..LOL!  This kid makes me laugh and remember why we do all the grown up things we do. We do them, so that we can love on our people. We do the things we do, because we have bills to pay and we have to make a living, but when it all boils down, what we really want is to laugh an
Summer is drawing to an end and I feel like my life is that scene from Dirty Dancing when they have the talent show and everyone is all sad because everything is about to be over.  From approximately April till October, but more specifically from June to September, I live at camp. Camp is the Slipper Rock campground. It's just off the freeway on the left hand side of I79N, the exit before Grove City. If you don't blink, you can't miss it! This is a magical place where friends become family and you have adult adventures that make you feel like a kid again.  My family always camped while I was young, my Dad would drop us off up in Pymatuning and come back after his work week. We rode bikes and played in the woods and swam in the dirty little lake. That was childhood. We had each other and all the other kids in the camp who's parents did the same thing. We couldn't have asked for more or better, well except more money for the camp store ice cream.  There was always the

Do you have to believe in God?

Do you have to believe in God?  Wow what a loaded question! Recently, a new friend asked me this , thanks Dawn. How would I "do what I do" without a belief system that honors the Creator of the infinite universes in existence? I believe it would be impossible for me ,  but you may or may not be able to "do what you do" without that same belief system.  When I say "do what you do" I mean, live your life. There are many components to living.. like how you do your work, parent your children, make your decisions about how you spend your time and energy and loyalty. You can function well without any sort of belief system that includes a scripted version of God/ess, Great Spirit, Higher consciousness... the God of your understanding for lack of anything else to say since the list could go on and on. You may simply prescribe to a moral code of right and wrong. Your code of ethics may be more or less evolved than that too. Who should say? We live in a