Skip to main content

Doing your part...

 


Luca

This week, I got to spend some time with my 3 year old great-nephew Luca. We were playing outside where he has a play station that reminds me of a pirate ship, in the yard were some magnetic fishing poles...we used those poles to chase my sister's dog around. That dog is a Cane Corso, he's a 190 lb love muffin named Mac. We pretended that the dog was a huge fish, we laughed and got dirty and I got stuck trying to cram my fat ass in his pirate house and even knocked the doors off when I tried to climb out and FELL over. We laughed like 3 year olds do when they play. We eventually ended up in the front yard when Luca casually turned on the hose and well, my mom and I gave him a wet sweatshirt contest..LOL! 

This kid makes me laugh and remember why we do all the grown up things we do. We do them, so that we can love on our people. We do the things we do, because we have bills to pay and we have to make a living, but when it all boils down, what we really want is to laugh and play and get smooches. Little kid smooches and dog licks are like Heaven on Earth. These are the moments I live for. 





When I take my little Chi-Pug named Kamo (pic above) to the dog park and let him run like someone left the gate open, my heart swells with happiness. When he calms down and lets me hold him tenderly, those are the BEST moments. When I get a chance to share all these things with Alicia (my wife), I feel so incredibly loved and supported. To have love and family and to be supported in my endeavors are the most precious things. 



What are you living for? What brings you joy? What makes you light up? Do you appreciate the quiet moments of pure pleasure and laughter with the people or animals in your life ? Have you realized that your participation is essential? This life we have requires your energy and without you, life just wouldn't be the same. If you ever have days when you wonder why you are here...wonder no longer. You are here because someone needs an opportunity to learn about love and to learn about how to love you. We all are getting a chance every single day to love someone. Are you doing your part? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything has a deeper meaning

During a recent conversation with my therapist, I brought up the subject that I think everything has a deeper meaning.  I do like to think about those deeper meanings when I have the time. There's a saying that we "make time for what's important". Which seems to be the well spring for this blog. I'm making time for deeper reflection because it is important to me. What do you "make time" for? Creating music or art or  poetry? I used to write so much poetry that Ifeel like it fell out of me when Iwalked. Do you make time for friends, family, pets or a social club? Alicia (my wife) and I play poker in the Elite Poker league. We play for different reasons. She is super social. Have you met her? That's why we get along so well in that we are complete opposites in every way, especially in that she is super social and well, I am NOT. I like to observe people's behavior and she likes to engage. SO poker is the perfect place for us both to participate in ...
 What do you hold most sacred in this life? Could it be family? Could it be work? Could it be time? Could it be money? Could it be travel? Could it be love? What you hold sacred could be anything...literally, like authenticity, kindness, intelligence, integrity, the earth, and environment, your bond with your partner, your relationship with your mama, being of service to others, contributing to  humanity, or the light you see in a kid’s eye. It could even be somewhere you go  that is super special to you. I think these things could change as life evolves, but I think holing something sacred is a component of happiness.  I hold the LOLOS sacred (Loved Ones Living on in Spirit) for more on the LOLOS read my Love Notes From the Afterlife newsletter each Friday.  Sign up here:  https://revmarjorierivera.com/    ( scroll down to the subscribe button) Archives of the Love Notes here: https://revmarjorierivera.com/love-notes For more about what LOLOS mea...
 Why don't psychics win the lottery? Lots of times when I meet new people, they think it's funny to ask me for winning Lottery numbers. I think it's funny too and I have wondered about this same thing for many years.  Lottery balls are inanimate objects, they don't have energy. As a reader, I connect to energy, living with or without a body, but as for inanimate objects, like helping folks locate lost keys, just not my thing. There are psychics who do that sort of thing, but in all honesty, I've not asked one if they tried lottery numbers.  Once in a class I was teaching, I charted 3 digit lottery numbers for a month. My "win" percentage under that parameter was about 35%, not too bad yet I'd make no claim to be any higher than someone who is not intuitive. Though I would have won quite a bit if I bet every day. Those odds weren't enough for me to feel confident advertising that I could do it. I still feel the same...lottery numbers aren't my t...