Skip to main content

Spritual shit

 


What is Spiritual shit? 
First let me tackle "Spiritual". Spiritual In general, includes a sense of connection to something bigger than ones "self",  and it typically involves a search for meaning or purpose in life. Folks may describe a spiritual experience as sacred, mystical, metaphysical, intangible,  transcendent or transforming in an event or series of events that have a deep sense of interconnectedness. Some people call having Spiritual awakening "getting woke".

Having a Spiritual awakening is a first step in what may be a very long, maybe even a life long journey. The journey is where the fun explorations start... I think that many things can be a Spiritual practice.  You can walk, breathe, eat dress, bathe, create music, art or poetry,  have sex, study, heal, read, write, travel, or live Spiritually. I am certain of these examples, because I have done or participated in them all, with intention and Spiritual focus. I think that the condition of being aware, mindful or intentional can make any activity Spiritual. 

Let's take walking for example. Let's say you go walking each day, you could try to convert this activity into a Spiritual practice. To do that you could start your walk with a simple prayer, take a deep breath and say in your mind " I am thankful for this time, help me stay present today." Then head out on your walk and start to pay attention to every step, every breath and things that are unfolding around you in a state of heightened awareness. If being Spiritual means you are or are trying to connect to something bigger than yourself, then paying attention to your surroundings is certainly Spiritual. Welcome to MY world !

There’s a stereotype of Spiritual people believing in odd stuff, like the Law of Attraction, the coming of the Age of Aquarius, the third eye, the healing power of crystals, or the malignant power of Mercury in Retrograde. All these things could actually be how those people connect to something bigger than themselves so let them have their own way of connecting.  Some things work for some people and somethings don't. So try things until something makes you feel connected. If you lose track of time and feel blissed out, guess what? You succeeded in having a Spiritual practice. 

My Spiritual practice is readings. Readings are how I demonstrate my faith, but I like lots of other Spiritual shit too, like crystals, yoga, meditation, making people laugh,  nurturing my peeps with good food, and being an aunt and a great aunt. Anything can be Spiritual if it makes you feel connected to something bigger than you. 

Does this help? What do you do that's Spiritual?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything has a deeper meaning

During a recent conversation with my therapist, I brought up the subject that I think everything has a deeper meaning.  I do like to think about those deeper meanings when I have the time. There's a saying that we "make time for what's important". Which seems to be the well spring for this blog. I'm making time for deeper reflection because it is important to me. What do you "make time" for? Creating music or art or  poetry? I used to write so much poetry that Ifeel like it fell out of me when Iwalked. Do you make time for friends, family, pets or a social club? Alicia (my wife) and I play poker in the Elite Poker league. We play for different reasons. She is super social. Have you met her? That's why we get along so well in that we are complete opposites in every way, especially in that she is super social and well, I am NOT. I like to observe people's behavior and she likes to engage. SO poker is the perfect place for us both to participate in ...
 Why don't psychics win the lottery? Lots of times when I meet new people, they think it's funny to ask me for winning Lottery numbers. I think it's funny too and I have wondered about this same thing for many years.  Lottery balls are inanimate objects, they don't have energy. As a reader, I connect to energy, living with or without a body, but as for inanimate objects, like helping folks locate lost keys, just not my thing. There are psychics who do that sort of thing, but in all honesty, I've not asked one if they tried lottery numbers.  Once in a class I was teaching, I charted 3 digit lottery numbers for a month. My "win" percentage under that parameter was about 35%, not too bad yet I'd make no claim to be any higher than someone who is not intuitive. Though I would have won quite a bit if I bet every day. Those odds weren't enough for me to feel confident advertising that I could do it. I still feel the same...lottery numbers aren't my t...
It's been a while.  I forgot that I started this blog. That's the peril of the woman who has had a stroke in the past, out of sight out of mind quite literally. So I hope everyone is well, and that you are happy this summer.  It has been a colder than normal summer hasn't it? I've only been in the pool twice yet this summer, between all the raindrops and a weird schedule, it just seems I haven't had much a chance to get in the water.  Shame.... it's a great stress reliever and brings me such sensual joy. Makes me wonder if you are taking good care of yourself? Are you making time for joy? for release? for exploration? what do you do that's purely for you?  I escape by reading and if I can sit by the ocean or pool, I feel like I have had a real vacation. I can not be alone in the hopes of having many small vacations each year :) lol! Our souls need a chance to just BE. Since we are human being ( humans... being) not humans doing. We would benefit by actually ...